Job Ref: PB682 - 25/08
IT Portfolio Management is a function within the UK&I IT Department primarily responsible for management and execution of the business change projects enabled by IT in United Kingdom and Ireland. IT Portfolio Management is also responsible for managing engagement between the Business and IT. The Portfolio Management team consists of IT Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and a PMO team.
Joining the IT Portfolio Management team as an IT Portfolio Manager you will primarily focus on ensuring successful delivery of the projects within the Ecommerce and Customer Experience portfolio: overseeing projects for our online/mobile/digital sales channels, working closely with the marketing team delivering projects to enhance end-to-end customer journey and strengthen the company brand.
You will be working closely with the Business Change function and Business Leads to deliver change. Typically portfolios are aligned with business areas and functions and formed of 15-20 projects with a budget of £5-7M. Typically projects in a portfolio will be of a high business criticality with multiple systems and business processes interdependencies due the highly inter-connected nature of the business operating model. You will have high visibility and senior executive exposure up to the UKI & Northern Region Board level. You will be assigned to deliver change for a particular business area or function.
You will be managing a team of up to 15-20 direct reports (Project Managers, Business Analysts and other roles) and be responsible for their line management and career development. You will also act as the IT “Account Manager” for the assigned business areas and will be required to develop close “trusted partner” relationships with business colleagues and ensure that the IT/Business relationship is supported by clear understanding of both sides’ roles and responsibilities.
What We Are Looking For
• Extensive experience of managing portfolios of IT projects and Programmes covering at least 10 years in Programme/Projects management roles plus additional experiences in other non-delivery IT/Business roles to broaden the overall understanding of technologies and IT delivery models and business context)
• Proven track record of managing eCommerce Application Development projects using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Solid understanding and knowledge of Information Technology
• Experience of looking after a multidimensional IT/Business agenda of various day-to-day IT matters
• Experience of establishing credible relationships within IT and Business community with examples of driving IT/Business change agenda, working at MD, CIO, CTO, Chief Architect level
• Experience of direct line management of Project Managers and Business Analysts
• Ability to see the big picture and think strategically, analyze complex Business requirements and IT delivery options and be able to translate them into actionable deliverables (be it projects or BAU resolutions) and drive them to completion
• Ability to think commercially and strategically – quickly assess and quantify short and long term impact of changes, deal with ambiguity and uncertainty and be able to evaluate options to meet business expectations and provide maximum value
• First-hand experience and knowledge of IT project delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) with formal Project Delivery Accreditations (such as Prince2, MSP, APM, etc.)
Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable communicating high level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes when required.