Job Ref: PB708 31/10
Our Client is looking for a Qlikview Developer who is will have ultimate ownership of the planning, design and implementation of Qlikview applications across the companies’ full product range. You will have responsibility for the organisation’s technical platforms, ensuring that these are designed and run at optimum efficiency. In addition, the role will encompass internal management reporting, internal and external client interaction and responsibility for quality assurance measures. This position works closely with the Operations Director to help identify, implement and drive change; ensuring successful delivery of all project related work for both internal and external clients. .
• Responsible for end-to-end design, development and support of QlikView based reporting applications
• Design and develop dashboards to meet customer requirements
• Participate in business requirements and design review sessions
• Create QlikView scripts and applications to extract data from several transactional systems
• Build and maintain a library of standard calculated expressions to be used by other developers within QlikView applications
• Ensure all new dashboards are completed on time and to quality standards
• Provide internal and external client training in Qlikview developed solutions
• Manage data received from clients and preparing data prior to upload
• Maintain CAL databases and maximise allocation efficiency
• React swiftly and implement corrective measures whenever Qlikview issues arise within the company
• Provide recommendations for implementation of additional applications such as Qlik Sense or N Printing
• Support the project management team with incoming client Qlikview queries
• Support the commercial business team by providing insightful dashboard solutions for new and existing clients
• Support the management team by providing high quality internal and external business performance information
• Establish and maintain standards and conventions around all data elements and models incorporated in the QlikView environment
• Keep up to date with new Qlikview products, upgrades and enhancements
• Attend Qlikview events
• A minimum of 2 years in developing Business Intelligence solutions using Qlikview, including data modelling
• Experience in optimizing existing QlikView reports with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
• An understanding of other Qlikview applications such as Qlik Sense, N Printing & Qlik Server would be a distinct advantage
• Sound knowledge of database applications such as MS Access, SQL Server or Visual Basic
• Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Degree level educated
• Automotive sector experience
• Market research sector experience
• Java & HTML experience
• Website maintenance experience
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Enjoys individual responsibility and accountability.
• The ability to work independently and effectively under tight time constraints and deliver accurate results is a pre-requisite.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills should be coupled with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have ability to work in a challenging environment
• Must be practical with a hands on – can do attitude