Job Ref: PB716 15/11
£45,000 + Bonus
Our client is looking for a Senior UI Developers for a unique opportunity to work in collaboration with their project team. The Senior UI Developer will create an experience that makes sure online activities are easy to navigate, intuitive and flow seamlessly, working closely with the wider IT team to develop server-side technologies. The successful candidate will have experience delivering UI Development across digital projects and will have the skills and breadth of knowledge to hit the ground running.
As a Senior UI Developer you will work across large-scale client facing digital projects in public sector, financial services and commercial sectors across the UK.
Main Features of the Role
The ideal candidates will work as part of a team to design and build conceptual prototypes and production ready user interfaces that use best practice techniques and provide an enjoyable digital experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Within a senior role you will be able to lead other UI developers on the project and guide the team around best practice. Suggest appropriate approaches, methods and technologies to use on projects
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team oriented environment using an Agile and continuous integration approach
• Performing code reviews and conducting functional testing to ensure standards are understood and being followed
• Creating and maintaining a library of common UI (User Interface) modules components & tools
• Utilising your experience of Responsive web design and grid frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Using your experience and initiative to suggest appropriate approaches, methods and technologies to use on projects
• Collaborating between the UX designer and the development to deliver seamless UI interface
• Effectively communicating with the wider IT team and key stakeholders
• 5 years minimum experience within the UI industry, with experience of operating at a senior level
• Command line experience of Git, NPM and Bower
• Proficient with Sass or similar CSS pre-processor (e.g. LESS)
• Able to run automated tasks using Gulp or similar (e.g. Grunt)
• Good time management skills, ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Highly developed communication skills and proven ability to communicate clearly with project leads
• Ability to fetch data through the use of AJAX
• Knowledge of techniques for meeting web accessibility standards
• Comfortable working in an Agile SCRUM environment
• Understanding of user centred design methodology
• Experience of integrating front-end solutions with server technologies through collaboration with back-end developers
The successful candidates must be willing to undergo a clearance process.