Job Ref: MB740 27/01
We are seeking Software Engineers on behalf of our client, who will be responsible for development of the company’s software portfolio, from user interface and systems programming to real-time and embedded firmware.
General duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
• Design, development, testing and maintenance of software.
• Review of software, designs and estimates.
• Providing estimates of work to be undertaken as input to planning and scheduling of major deliverables.
• Contributing to the development of procedures and guidelines for the ongoing improvement of the software development function within the Company.
• Prepared to travel occasionally for work.
• Basic understanding of Electronic and Systems design.
• Knowledge and experience of production software development tools and processes.
• Knowledge and experience of hardware interfacing in Unix or Windows (preferably both).
• Knowledge and experience of object oriented development principles and patterns.
• Knowledge and experience of common software development tools, such as configuration management, issue trackers, build engines, installer tools.
• Good English language skills, both written and spoken.