Job Ref: PB744 03/02
USA - Pennsylvania
Senior Technical Lead - Oracle and Argus
Our Client is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Lead with extensive Oracle and Argus experience. You will focus on managing production applications and the delivery of new IT systems, based on a single, key technology platform.
This is a validated portfolio of applications based around Oracle's Argus Adverse Event management system aligned to Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safety business areas. It is one the most critical systems helping business respond to tight regulatory timelines impacting patient safety. It is a highly regulated area, including regular reporting to global regulatory agencies (eg FDA, EMA, MHRA, etc.). The systems are highly integrated with multiple interfaces through messaging technologies.
• Plans and prioritises demand for technical team to effectively manage resources.
• Leads the technical team in the build of project approved prototypes, Proof of Concepts (POCs) or applications ensuring adherence to Design Authority and Development standards and compliance to Web and Mobile application development standards. Assists Service team to ensure smooth implementation of Platform releases
• Develops architectural designs for large/complex project teams or programmes working on business solutions. Designs will be implementations of Target Architecture and Information Architectures that are flexible, scalable, extensible, efficient, supportable, easy to use, and meet business requirements.
• Consistently applies design and architecture patterns and best practices to project and programme solutions.
• Reviews materials in support of gate review process, including architecture diagrams and technical evaluations of alternative implementations and presents them at architectural review boards.
• Produces and reviews relevant project documentation including system requirements and design specification.
• Produces and follows support transition plans, including providing the support teams with technical information about the solution on an on-going, as-needed basis until warranty is complete.
• Contributes to technology stack definitions and recommends use across the business.
• Leads the evaluation and recommends emerging technologies, package solutions and development methodologies.
• May provide high-level technical and/or architectural input to several projects at once.
• Manages a highly-matrixed solution development team with members from multiple sites, other countries, and external companies
• Identify opportunities to improve architectural designs that cross solution boundaries, working with Enterprise Architect to reconcile with Target Architecture Plan
• Keeps abreast of and advise on emerging technologies, new development methodologies, and other industry trends.
• Audits and reviews technical solutions provided by third parties and ensures technical components are fit for purpose.
• Applies lean sigma techniques to improve solution quality.