Job Ref: MB746 08/02
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Support Specialist, based in Bracknell who is willing to undertake the following travel within the UK and Europe.
• Availability to travel within UK on a continuous basis
• This includes:
• -Project support with overnight stay in a Hotel Mon-Sun (usually 4-8 weeks).
• -Annual or Quarterly Maintenance\Upgrade work travelling to locations on a daily basis or with Hotel stay.
• Availability to travel outside the UK occasionally
• -Travelling to EU Countries such as Paris\ Brussels / Portugal.
• Expenses are fully covered and extended to Hotel\ Wi-Fi\ Food whilst away.
• 5 years+ experience working in a Technical Support Environment.
• Experience working with Windows 7,8,10 or Win 7/Server 2012,2016 Operating Systems, able to undertake windows diagnostics and troubleshoot errors.
• Able to take and deploy backup images
• Experience of software product support and with complex troubleshooting skills an advantage.
• Good MS Office skills, including Word and Excel
• Willing to be ‘hands on’ and with experience of diagnosing hardware faults.
• Working knowledge of networking infrastructure, cabling, electrical schematics and electromechanical equipment.
• Woking knowledge of AC,DC voltage\current and hand held testers.
• Ability to terminate power and network cables is an advantage.
• Must be clearable to UK Government Security Clearance (SC) level.
• Eligible to work in the UK, full driving license and geographically mobile.
• Must be comfortable operating independently within customer environment and leading a team.
• Have a passion for excellence.
• Relevant experience of working in Airports, Security or similar environments.
• UK Governement SC Clearance.
• Installation,testing and configuration of new systems.
• Routine system maintenance to ensure system is in correct working order and applying software fixes and updates.
• Identifying faults both remotely and at sites.
• Responding to incidents and performing break/fix activities when errors and faults occur.
• Liaising with customer on site and remotely and proactively communicating with UK and Head Office Team, escalating issues and identifying areas where service can be improved.
• Providing on site early life support and training users of the system.
• Analysis of system performance.
• Responsible for compliance with company policies including Health and Safety, Vehicle use, Expenses etc.
• Ability to work under stress with clear problem solving.
• Must be comfortable operating alone within customer environment and working within a small team.
• Must have excellent time management and organisational skills, able to communicate well to customers and be comfortable liaising with other colleagues overseas.
• Well presented.
• Experience of working within an international culture and in an ITIL service environment an advantage.