Job Ref: PB749 08/02
Competetive Package and Excellent Benefits
Are you an experienced Embedded Linux Developer?
Do you want to work with systems such as Yocto/OpenEmbedded or Buildroot, developing embedded systems using Linux for multiple industries, potentially including robotics, industrial, oil and gas, and security work.
This exciting opportunity will also enable to you use your experience of more lightweight RTOSs/schedulers and Python.
• Our Client is looking for an Embedded Linux Developer to get involved in the growing embedded systems work for robotics, industrial systems, energy systems, consumer devices, and the security industry.
• You will work in a group that includes app and server software engineers creating connected systems as well as standalone devices.
• Working with system leads you will take responsibility for defining and implementing significant areas of code and interfaces, working with CI systems to implement tests in Python alongside writing embedded C/C++, debugging complex systems
You will work within a team which offers application layer software engineering and computer science skills, from real time and embedded software for standalone or connected devices, through to server side analytics frameworks, including system design, algorithm optimisation, and digital security and authentication.
The group designs groundbreaking products for clients at the heart of the ‘internet of things’.
In this role you will be responsible for :
• Design, Implementation and Test of embedded linux components in software systems
• Design of interfaces between your code and hardware or remote systems
• Delivering high quality, professional code, compliant with the client’s requirements
• Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
• Participating in meetings with clients, potentially including travel to US, Europe and/or Asia for meetings or workshops
• An excellent degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electronics, or a related discipline
• Experience of selecting processors/platforms/toolchains for embedded Linux
• Experience of specifying or using application layer protocols between devices and server systems, over TCP/IP or short range wireless
• TCP/IP networking/routing knowledge
• Experience of production quality software implementation
• An imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions for complex problems
• Strong communication skills. Ability to explain and defend design and code, and present complex technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams
• Experience working with other disciplines (e.g. RF, server, design teams)
This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures
Any of the following experience would be advantageous :
• Knowledge of open source licensing
• Experience with the ROS or OpenWRT operating systems
• More detailed knowledge of low power wireless protocols (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, LORA, implementation of custom protocols)
• Digital Security experience (encryption/authentication schemes)
• Working to regulatory standards such as MISRA, ISO13485