Job Ref: PB 456
£40,000 + Benefits
As the Team Leader your role will be to manage on-site Service Operations Team and support the Service Manager in ensuring that the function meets its objectives and mission:
(1) Ensure the team is able to provide effective ‘human ‘intervention’ for if and when people haven’t had their need met via self-service options, whilst also
(2) Vigorously reducing the need for human interventions in future by:
a. permanently resolving the underlying need, using problem management techniques and via collaboration with the client’s IT developers or other staff, or
b. providing other solutions to the need e.g. by creating request workflows or video guidance in the self-service tool.
As team leader, you will need to create an empowered, high-trust culture within the team. You will need to maintain the team’s focus on their mission - to reduce the need for human interventions - whilst also ensuring that what interventions do take place are well managed. You will need to be experienced with working with development teams and ensuring that there are no walls or silos. You will also need to model how the Service Operations Analysts ought to behave, including in regard to how they ought to do their problem management type investigations, how to liaise with the client’s teams and suppliers, how to conduct a major incident and so forth.
Key responsibilities include:
• Achieving the mission, not least through people, process and tools management
• Managing the performance of the team, including in regard to resource levels and skills, in order to achieve success against the mission and KPIs
• Deputising for the Service Manager when they are off site
• Managing major incidents
• Improving processes and key tools e.g. the self-service tool
• Understanding the customer’s business environment and ensuring that the team is aware of any changes that may affect the service
• Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with security, Health and Safety and environmental policies.
• Producing reports
• Managing small projects
• MS Office
• MS Servers
• Desktop Support
• Win 7
• A mindset to find ways to remove root causes of incidents and requests, and to develop self-help
• An ability to lead and motivate a team, particularly to create a ‘high trust’ atmosphere, noting that the team may include members of differing levels of skill and experience
• Experience of working within Service Level Agreements.
• Organisational skills and be used to working to deadlines in a demanding environment
• Good knowledge of ITIL Service Management processes and practices
• Guidance-creation skills (whether written or via recording video), with the ability to translate complex technical issues in a customer-friendly way
• Experience of dealing with difficult customer issues
• Experience of managing major incidents.
• SCCM and AD
• HP Server
• Experience or exposure to MS Orchestrator
The successful candidate must be willing to undertake a basic and SC clearance process.